Monday 26 October 2015

CRITIQUE AND ACTIVE LEARNING WORKSHOP

Todays seminar discussed how we art we see is in correlation to our newly refined critiqued skills.

I liked the concept that we were to walk around the new MA show and discuss our thoughts on how we saw it. I prefer to find the messages, connotations and analyse by myself to find meaning before talking to people about it.

So picking out small details we were taught to see with extra detail and find meaning within pieces that will cover such areas such as the formal elements within a picture or piece and going beyond the physicality's of the piece and finding extra depth. It really encouraged me to start to see things from a different perspective and whilst its monumentally important to look at other existing work these skills are best translated onto my own and makes me start to analyse these things as if someone else is looking at my work with the same piece of paper analysing my work. As a workshop that really broadened my mind I'm going to be using the same questions to analyse each step of my work and what I see within the work to give it depth and context in every situation so others will perhaps understand its message or find their own within it.





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT STEPHI LAREINE 2015 | Blogger Template by pipdig
 photo stephi-lareine-footer copy.png
ABOUT CONTACT DISCLAIMER BLOGLOVIN

 photo stephi-lareine-twitter.png 18,200+  photo bloglovin-stephi-lareine.png 5,800+  photo instagram-stephi-lareine.png 27,900+  photo pinterest-stephi-lareine.png 30,000+