Thursday 3 March 2016

CHILLI GOURMETS CLIENT




I've been working with Jane on Chilli Gourmets as one of my first live client briefs I found it intriguing to learn about the clients story which is to intentionally sell the chillis more than the salsas, sauces and condiments. So throughout my logo and packaging design I've been channeling a luxury gourmet brand design to bring in elements of a rich and fulfilling ingredient and make it seem more special.

After speaking with the client we decided that she wanted to stay very clear from using stereotypical use of chillis, which include images of skulls, crossbones, the colour red, and imagery of how hot the chillis are. Jane wanted to sell taste, and product of a lifestyle which should be enjoyed and savoured but not seen as dangerous.

Utilising some of her unusually coloured chillis such as beetroot purple, orange and yellows I've taken into consideration her thoughts on colour to which she does enjoy but felt it could overpower or give the wrong impression so I've been sticking to blacks, navy blues, and purples.

My final designs used navy and purples as I wanted to sell the product like in the same way a certain shade of purple is associated with chocolate, or at least specifically Cadburys, and by using colour associations we can create an identity, like Coca-Cola have targeted red, or Pepsi a particular shade of blue.
Jane used the word Artisan a lot and that was a very important factor I took into consideration, as Artisan would imply unique, and french influences were a constant thought within the entire design process. I heard the word Gourmet and thought of French Art Deco and Art Nouveau designs, having tested out a few simple drawings and expanding upon them I revealed a clean simplistic and what I think is a complimentary branding for a very sweet story behind the chillis.

I left a hint of humour as Jane always left us with a joke and her mannerisms epitomised what I wanted Chilli Gourmets to be, which was important as a one-woman company incorporated a little part of her into the design was vital as well as maintaining a serious professional brand image. So my hint of humour was the two chillis to replicate a french moustache which she was very pleased about and glad I introduced a small detail like that within something so decorative.

The feedback she gave was informative as she liked our entire groups work and asked if we would be willing to collaborate on bringing together small elements to fit the image she had in mind. I'm always happy to take on others ideas, in fact I encourage constant refinement and with a project so delicate it's crucial to be open for changes within the industry as a live client she was a joy to work aside. I've been emailing her since the finishing of our live brief and throughout the summer have been invited down to take some photos of her at Wirrals Food Festival so hopefully will open up more work but throughout a photography route.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT STEPHI LAREINE 2015 | Blogger Template by pipdig
 photo stephi-lareine-footer copy.png
ABOUT CONTACT DISCLAIMER BLOGLOVIN

 photo stephi-lareine-twitter.png 18,200+  photo bloglovin-stephi-lareine.png 5,800+  photo instagram-stephi-lareine.png 27,900+  photo pinterest-stephi-lareine.png 30,000+