Sunday 22 May 2016

WRITING A PRESS RELEASE


I've been researching into writing a press release, and my first location was professional press releases from all varieties from fashion, food, travel and more. I felt by looking at these gave me a better indication of writing my own as I wish to send this off to PR's, social media types, critics and close ones so they all have a glimpse into what I'm exhibiting on the 16th June.

So far I've gauged that it's important to keep the statement clear and to the point. From learning from lecturers that the snazzy essence of the press release is in the content itself and doesn't have a cluttered design to it. As my trademark throughout the blog and social media is black and white using Italic Times New Roman, I'm sticking with my overall design, because the colourful elements of my work is in the designs themselves. I also wanted to portray an editorial look, similar to Vogue which uses simplistic monochrome colours and serif typography to give a clean, minimalistic journo feel. 

I've discovered by including contact details, relevant titles of the work and an outline of the work, where it's being exhibited and for how long, I can keep the press release simple and informative. 



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT STEPHI LAREINE 2015 | Blogger Template by pipdig
 photo stephi-lareine-footer copy.png
ABOUT CONTACT DISCLAIMER BLOGLOVIN

 photo stephi-lareine-twitter.png 18,200+  photo bloglovin-stephi-lareine.png 5,800+  photo instagram-stephi-lareine.png 27,900+  photo pinterest-stephi-lareine.png 30,000+