Saturday 23 May 2015

YORK FROM TWO SIDES




























Throughout May I went to York to visit different parts and liked the contrast in changes from a luxurious 5* hotel in the rural countryside of Scaraborough, whilst a average Travelodge was our second location. The food shows massive contrast from the Yorkshire Breakfast vs the Meal Deal style breakfast box, making the restaurant style breakfast look more personable through its angle, whilst Travelodges box breakfast analytical from a birds eye view.

I used a Nikon D60 with a 35mm lens to replicate a close to the eye shot. Changing the White Balance to a more yellow hue to look comforting, whilst my Travelodge photos are blue to keep in theme with their blue rooms.

Throughout experimenting with food photography on my journey, I've found out a macro lens works best, picking up on light, shadow and therefore texture a great deal.

My favourites from these past few days include the photos of Afternoon Tea, as I feel like I've epitomised the important textures I wanted to portray such as the squishy textures of the bread in the sandwiches which make the photos look softer and more desirable and delicate.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT STEPHI LAREINE 2015 | Blogger Template by pipdig
 photo stephi-lareine-footer copy.png
ABOUT CONTACT DISCLAIMER BLOGLOVIN

 photo stephi-lareine-twitter.png 18,200+  photo bloglovin-stephi-lareine.png 5,800+  photo instagram-stephi-lareine.png 27,900+  photo pinterest-stephi-lareine.png 30,000+