Thursday 3 December 2015

UV LIGHTING




















These images have followed as part of my exhibition for Negotiated Photography. I've been planning the theme of cultural beauty and how we perceive beauty throughout different countries as one country to the next has totally contrastive views. As a subject so delicate as beauty I find that everyones personal interpretation to be different to the next. I wanted to utilise this theme with interesting lighting techniques that explored me as a photographer.

As I love working with bright colours, big contrasts and a very different perspective on portraiture I purchased a black light lamp with the intention of perhaps using it in my final exhibition if the photos are not in black light I can create a themed corner or small room in which the photos could be painted over to help explain my thoughts on beauty in correlation to its relationship with light and how we see different people in different lights.

I found this to be a super effect for portraiture and let me explore materials as I felt this needed to tie in with my thoughts on the fashion industry and their standards of beauty. So all my research has been based around societies standards of beauty and how in the modern age we're turning to classical unidentifiable forms of beauty like unaligned teeth or overly thick eyebrows to personify the current use of beauty within magazines.

I'm continuing my journey and exploring more subject matters with different people and their own person thoughts on beauty and how they'd ideally like to see themselves in these circumstances.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT STEPHI LAREINE 2015 | Blogger Template by pipdig
 photo stephi-lareine-footer copy.png
ABOUT CONTACT DISCLAIMER BLOGLOVIN

 photo stephi-lareine-twitter.png 18,200+  photo bloglovin-stephi-lareine.png 5,800+  photo instagram-stephi-lareine.png 27,900+  photo pinterest-stephi-lareine.png 30,000+