Wednesday 10 February 2016

CAREER RESEARCH

Through researching potential jobs and trying to narrow down my future career I've managed to refine it to three categories: Photography, Design and Blogging. Having worked in social media before I've taken my skills into a new side of the industry where blogging is thriving. Luckily all three jobs would allow me to express my creativity on a daily basis and would at some point cross into another category. My main aim is to work freelance, as from hosting a blog for a little under 2 years I'm very confident in carrying forward freelance that has left me financially stable and with a consistent and ever growing client list to keep jumping back and forth to.

My further research into the areas I'm unfamiliar with such as the photographic (studio based) and design side, so therefore my exploring has taken me to interesting articles about each job, it's expectations and pros and cons.

The National Career Service has stated how a photographers work activities are implemented and the divisions of industry. For my Professional Practice interview I wanted to discuss the relationship of my niche in correlation to the division of industry has been decided. Based on the categories this site has suggested I would fall into one of two divisions which are Advertising and Editorial or Fashion. Blogging can be a combination of both, but if I pursue an editorial route that will mean I need to expand my portfolio and gather experience and professional help to jump on board that division. Whereas fashion is a much easier route having past experience within the fashion industry and at London Fashion Week season after season. I also found Prospects to be a useful website when researching into professional standards required to be within a photographic practice which I'm currently refining.

Extra source for aiding photographic enlightenment: TheCareerArtProject
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT STEPHI LAREINE 2015 | Blogger Template by pipdig
 photo stephi-lareine-footer copy.png
ABOUT CONTACT DISCLAIMER BLOGLOVIN

 photo stephi-lareine-twitter.png 18,200+  photo bloglovin-stephi-lareine.png 5,800+  photo instagram-stephi-lareine.png 27,900+  photo pinterest-stephi-lareine.png 30,000+