Monday 1 February 2016

TURTLE BAY - CLIENT













Another opening of a new restaurant in Liverpool on Victoria Street found me with another new client through the PR company Think Publicity who I've worked with before on a restaurant review for NYL. This occasion brought me to Turtle Bay, the first Caribbean restaurant in Liverpool. Before the opening of the restaurant I was invited down to sample the new menu with Jamie Olivers first hired chef as he designed the menu and completely walked me through the proceedings of what he expected of his new chain restaurant to be pictured like.

His main brief was that he wanted cool, comfortable people walking in just like the attitude they share in the Caribbean. I showed him previous photos of restaurants I had worked with and said that the use of colour and clarity within my photos captured things perfectly how he had foreseen when being contacted by the PR.

I tried to focus on once again the home-pride of the Caribbean, he said we're the closest thing to 'mommas home cooked food' and we want to sell a good time. So with the location vibing with colour, music and comforts with mix matched chairs and tables, and cargo boxes attached to the ceiling I went off to photograph the best parts. Serving me up some Jerk chicken and goat to photograph, and even gave me the opportunity to go into the kitchen myself and try it all out so I truly understood that way of life, which is to give back and welcome anyone like it were their home.

The second occasion I was invited back was a few days later under a new collaboration to do some events photography as they threw a party for their restaurant opening. I've included more images over at my blog.

Feedback was very complimentary and we've been exchanging ideas as he intends to open a series of pop ups throughout the UK and seems very happy about me coming to do either the events photography or get images for their social media to promote the future openings.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT STEPHI LAREINE 2015 | Blogger Template by pipdig
 photo stephi-lareine-footer copy.png
ABOUT CONTACT DISCLAIMER BLOGLOVIN

 photo stephi-lareine-twitter.png 18,200+  photo bloglovin-stephi-lareine.png 5,800+  photo instagram-stephi-lareine.png 27,900+  photo pinterest-stephi-lareine.png 30,000+